This film is competing in
The She Directed Filmmaker Contest
A young Iñupiaq artist connects to ancestral lands through her work. As she paints, she reflects on climate change and its effects on Alaska Native villages. She narrates the motivation behind the portrait while exploring her role in the preservation of land and culture. The film aims to honor the strength and legacy of Indigenous people.
- Written and Directed by Alexis Anoruk Sallee (Iñupiaq)
- Featuring artist Tristan Agnauraq Morgan (Iñupiaq)
- Video Edit, Color, and Sound Design by Alexis Anoruk Sallee
- Music by Ilakus Drum Group, Evan Geiger, and Trevor Kowalski
- Filmed in Nome, Shishmaref, and Anchorage, Alaska
- Dedicated to the women who influence our lives.