Understanding Your Vote
Voting on The Audience Awards Explained
What is SMS Verification?
To register to vote, you must enter your cell phone number or land line phone number. You will receive a text with a code or a call with a code if you chose the land line option. Enter the code you receive onto the site where it asks for the code. You will then be redirected to vote for the film you came to support. We will never use your number for any purpose than to verify you are human.
Why do I need to SMS Verify?
SMS verification helps ensure that our video contests are fair and that the same user can only vote once per day per film. We will never use or share your phone number.
Can I use sms verification sites to verify voting accounts?
No. Using sms verification websites like (but not limited to) freesmsverification.com, receiveonlinesms.biz, leadactivate.com, receive-sms-now.com, etc. is not allowed.
How often can I vote?
Members are allowed to vote on as many films as they like, once a day. You can vote for a film multiple times, but only one time per day.
Do you know if someone is cheating?
Yes. Our proprietary software uses several methods to flag us when someone is cheating.
Why do you allow people to vote everyday in a video contest?
Our video contests are chock full of great films. With 20 plus films per video contest, it takes a while for our audience to view all of the films. The opportunity allows users to fall in love with new films they may have missed the first few days of the video contest. Being able to vote every day also allows a user to get more engaged with a video contest providing more views and votes for films.
If I have someone’s permission to use their account, can I vote for them?
You may not vote on behalf of someone else.
What are your voting rules?
- You are responsible for your use of the Services and for any Content accessed or made available to others through your account (even if that Content is accessed or made available by others). The Audience Awards will not be held responsible for your use of the Services or for any such Content.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account login information and for any activities or actions occurring under your account. The Audience Awards encourages you to use a "strong" password (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) for your account. The Audience Awards will not be responsible for any loss or damages resulting from your failure to comply with this obligation.
- Each account login may only be used by one person - a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one free account.
- You may not vote for someone else.
- It is up to the brand to determine how they will deal with cheating in contests.
- If you are caught cheating, your account may be deleted.
- Using vote collecting websites like (but not limited to) getonlinevotes.com, votesforcontest.com, vapulsemedia.net, etc. is not allowed.
- Filmmakers & 3rd parties may tell their customers, friends and neighbors about the video contest and direct them to The Audience Awards to vote for a film. Filmmakers are encouraged to share information they believe is relevant through links to the Filmmakers Audience Awards pages. Filmmakers are responsible for complying with all applicable terms of each third-party platform, and all applicable laws, in connection with sharing information about its film.
- Neither filmmakers nor third parties retained by you may solicit or entice others to vote by offering any type of consideration including gifts, awards, bartering, bribes or inducements, including merchandise, cash, online currency, discounts, lottery, or anything deemed to have value in exchange for votes, including donations to charity; non-compliance may result in Removal from the video contest.
- Soliciting others for votes or sending spam related to voting is not within the spirit of the video contest and Films may be subject to Removal from the video contest if it is determined that they have participated in any such activities. Notwithstanding anything in these Rules, Filmmakers may purchase print or digital advertisements simply stating that they are participating in the Program and encouraging their friends, family & fans to vote.
- The count of eligible votes by The Audience Awards shall be deemed final. The Audience Awards reserves the right to eliminate or disregard any or all votes in excess of stated limits or otherwise not in accordance with the Rules or any instructions on the Website, including any voting instructions.
- The Audience Awards is not responsible for, nor is it required to count, in its sole and absolute discretion, late, lost, misdirected, unlawful or illicit votes, votes cast for a Filmmaker later determined to be ineligible, votes cast in violation of the Rules, votes achieved through automated means by using more than one account, using another person's name or identity, or votes that are achieved through other fraudulent means, unsportsmanlike conduct or in a manner otherwise inconsistent with these video contest Rules.